william_b_noble

Default Chrome sealer??

put a coat of clear automotive top coat on it - that will protect it from
fingerprints, etc - and you can remove it and refinish when it gets
oxidized. for a cheaper solution, I'd bet that Carnuba wax would do
"DanG" wrote in message
newsDk2f.21522$Rk5.17984@lakeread06...
I just finished buffing and polishing the siren from a 1959 GMC cab over
Boardman fire truck. We use it in parades. It had been re chromed, but
fingerprints really discolor it and begin to almost look like failed
chrome/rust/metal discoloration. I was relieved that it all did buff out.
It gets the prints on it because we remove it rather than take a chance on
the vandals liking it more than we do.

What would be the best protectant?
Automotive wax.
Clear Lacquer.