Ken Weitzel

Default https not working on Windwos XP SP2 laptop

Bob Shuman wrote:

Thanks for the reply and your thought, but this is what IU had looked for
when I saw the problem, although it would not explain why http sites worked
fine. In short, there was no proxy set under the Internet connections, LAN
button which is what we were using or anywhere else.

Bob

Hi Bob...

Haven't followed the thread, and don't use xp (use 2000), so don't
know xp's firewall, but just seeing this tiny bit triggers a
thought, if I may?

Possible that xp's firewall (perhaps well hidden from the youngsters)
prevents access to unrated sites?

Take care.

Ken