Albert Grennock

Default Adjusting a Ferguson TV picture size. - model FTV210N.

"inti2" wrote in message
Albert Grennock ha scritto:

Hi

I just bought a Ferguson FTV10N television (might be FTV21ON)
and the picture is a little to big in that the scrolling text at the

bottom
of Sky news and BBC news 24 is a little cut off at the bottom.
(basiclly the picture is too big vertiaclly).
Fine I though, I will just find the vertical adjust 'thing' inside the

TV
and twiddle that. Trouble is there does not appear to be such a 'thing'
to twiddle. (Not really a great deal inside compared to a real old
television so I assume I have not failed to locate it).

So how do I adjust the picture size (vertically)?

Maybe you can make the adjustements you need in the service mode...
can you identify what chassis has this thing ? ICC20 ? ICC21 ? ICC17 ?
They're all-digital chassises, without potentiometers or trimmers...

I had a look around for a chassis number but to be honest I was not
too sure where to look, where are they normally found. I tried the
back cover mainboard and even the tube but I could not find any
thing which resembled a chassis number.
Anyway I have returned it to the shop for a refund.
All the other ones on display had the same fault any so I doubt it is
easilly repairable, that fact does not discourage Curry, to their discredit,
continuing selling them.

Also who make Ferguson televisions? Do they have a
website? I assume its a brand name but I cannot seem to
locate the manufacturer or a website for Ferguson support.

Ferguson TV Sets are made by Thomson

I guess the lesson is never buy a Ferguson televisioni.

???

I.

--
I.