Ecnerwal

Default Do you find your safety goggles get scratched way too quickly?

If you wore them all the time they wouldn't get scratched up.

John

True, but I think most guys take their goggles off when they aren't
necessary. It's much more comfortable without.

Chris

Part of the problem, Chris, is you don't always know when they are
necessary ahead of time - one reason that may places require them all
the time. Given I'm more or less blind without glasses, I always have a
pair on - and I've picked things out of the front surface of my
"regular" glasses, even though I have specific safety glasses. One of
several reasons I don't use contact lenses.

There are better and worse (for comfort) safety glasses, at both ends of
the price spectrum. If you find a pair which is comfortable, you should
not really notice that you have them on once they have been on for a
while.

Safety glass lenses stand up to abuse (that is, things that scratch
plastics, including hardcoat plastics) much better than plastic lenses.
They need to be tempered safety glass approved for the use. Most already
look as you have described - the plastics tend to be the curvy-lens
frameless jobs. A simple glasses case will protect either sort when it's
off your face - if you will use it.

Now, if you actually mean goggles, and you need goggles, the rim is
generally raised already, and the lens is too large for that to help
much, and there are no comfortable ones - but I think you were really
talking about glasses.