Uno Hoo!

Default condensation on new double glazed windows...

wrote in message ...
On 9 Oct,
"borgmaster" wrote:

You must have bought a dehumidifier the same time as me Bob. I to have
had over 15 years of condensation free winters with no ill effect to the
fabric or structure of my property. Added benefit is that the water
produced can be used in steam irons without the iron scaling up. I
wonder if anyone who suggests that dehumidifiers can cause the problems
they say have empirical evidence to proof their comments.

That echoes my experiance. They aren't cheap to run though, and mine can
only
cope with 4 people in residence. any more and it's on continuously.

It's saved quite a bit on paint for window frames too. As a result I've
still
got one or two wooden ones, and one even single glazed - although that ips
planned to be replaced.

It was bought originally after an attack of mould on an outside wall.
There's
been no sign of mould since.

My goodness - it dries the outside of the house as well? ;-)

Kev