*

Default OT-For the Citizens of New Orleans

Gunner wrote in article
#7. The government isn't responsible for giving you
anything. This is the land of the free and the home of
the brave, but you gotta work for what you want.
McDonalds and Walmart are always hiring, get a damn
job and stop spooning off the people who are actually
working for a living.

#7A. Speaking of Mickey D and Wally World, my father's generation of WW 2
vets had trouble making a living and being able to buy a house working for
40 hours at what most blue-collar jobs paid in the post-war era.

Did they demand that the government force employees to pay more money than
their jobs were actually worth?

No!

They simply worked 60, 70, and 80-plus hour weeks, often seven days per
week at two and three jobs.

Why not get a full-time job at Mickey D, and a part-time position at Wally
World?????

60 hours per week at $7.50 per hour is $23,400 per year.....raising you
above the poverty level, and giving you some jingle in your pocket....

When I was a kid - in the early '60s - I worked 60 hours per week in a gas
station for $75.00 take home....

I now own my own home with seven more monthly payments to full ownership,
several cars, and a shop full of tools and equipment - the most expensive
hobby shop in the neighborhood..

But, Jesse and Al will try to convince you that it is, somehow, un-American
to work long-and-hard towards a goal....