Tim Fischer

Default Need a quick third opinion on crown moulding

Geez do you people have good marriages, or are you always ducking from your
wife? Amazing.

My own opinion is that the hallway and bathroom are separate spaces, and
nothing "needs" to match. You should use something that looks good in
there.

As with any difference of opinion between married people, you have to a)
decide how much of a battle it's worth, b) talk together about your
individual feelings, and c) come to a consensus on what to do.

Simply saying "the wife is always right" is ridiculous, and not a sign of a
healthy marriage. Similarly, to say "come on you wuss, show her who's boss
of the house" would be equally unproductive.

Presumably you love this person and vice versa? Have you lost the ability
to communicate? If you can't discuss feelings about a friggin' bathroom
molding, how can you possibly discuss such imporant things as raising
children, family finances, and staying faithful to each other?

If someone says "well I'd prefer it one way but I'll do what my wife wants
because I love her and want to make her happy" that's one thing. But
comments such as "Your wife is right . . . Otherwise you will never hear the
end of it. The woman always wins in the end anyway." are just plain
ridiculous. Why not just get a divorce if you hate your wife that much?

-Tim