Mike

Default Powercom Black Knight UPS adjustment?

In article om,
Jerry G. wrote:
After these batteries have a few years on them, they may not be fully
charging. A simple voltage test will not reveal the true condition of
the batteries. A proper load test is necessary to make evaluation.

The batteries are new, and are fully charged (I did say the voltage was
correct for a 100% charge, yet reported as 92%). They have been load
tested in-situ, it ran for over 20 minutes before graceful shutdown.

They've also been externally tested, and are as I would expect.

The manufacture of your UPS will not supply any service information or
parts to non authorised service people.

Yes, I'm well aware of that, just hoping that someone might have service
info to help me correct the fact that the mains voltage readout is skewed.

I don't want to have to get into returning the unit as "faulty", as it
works fine other than an inability to correctly read out its own battery
voltage and incoming/outgoing mains voltage, by a factor of 91-92%. It's
still in warranty and has done this from new, so it's not a fault that
has developed, it's always been off calibration.

But I suppose it's one way to sort it out. Not my preferred option.

Mike.
Mike Brown: mjb[at]pootle.demon.co.uk | http://www.pootle.demon.co.uk/