Andrew Gabriel

Default Earthing Conductor size (massive??) & new Consumer Unit

In article ,
Colin Wilson writes:
Ooh, I've never seen CT metering in a house before. (Might "mansion" be a
better description?) It used to be common (standard?) for anything over 100
A, but, round here anyway, whole-current meters are normal up to 200
A/phase.

I`ve never seen a whole current meter rated above 100A before (Manweb
area)

In my building, we pull well over 1MW.
The meters are driven via current transformers though,
the main feeds don't go directly through the meters.
I think we've now got 3 feeds into the building, as each
time we needed more power, it was done by adding another
feed rather than upgrading the existing ones.

--
Andrew Gabriel