brianlanning

Default For those experienced with the tormek...

I didn't get the can of oil or extra sheet. I happened to have a new
can of mineral oil that I had bought to use with an oil stone. I
squeezed about half of the can onto the strop which soaked it all up.
It's now the color I expected it to be.

I worked on the back of the 1" chisel again. I was able to make it
look a little better.

This morning, I went back out to the shop and tried to shave with the
chisel, which I couldn't. I added the oil to the strop, spent more
time with the grading block, and spent more time on the fine grinding.
The strop seemed happier with the oil in it. It just sort of felt
better. I also spent more time on the strop. The end result was that
it looked a little better, but cut much better. It shaved perfectly,
and cut end grain perfectly.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

brian