william_b_noble

Default water pump grease???

the early VW didn't have such a thing, but my Porsche 356 does - a bellows
that operates flaps to direct hot air at the carbs when it's cold.

But (playing off your age), my 36 cadillac has bellows in the radiator that
operate a linkage that moves shutters infront of the radiator - there is no
thermostat to block the water flow like is found in modern cars.

"Don Young" wrote in message
Just as an aside, I seem to recall that air cooled VW Beetles did have a
thermostat which operated an air shutter in the cooling ductwork to help
control the engine temperature. :) PS: I am 74 years old.
Don Young
"mr electron" wrote in message
ups.com...