Edwin Pawlowski

Default Intermittent static when viewing cable, cable ready problem?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an intermittent static problem on one tv in my house. When
watching cable short and annoying blasts of video and audio static
occur repeatedly until I give trying to watch. Or ometimes it only
happens once a day and will be days before it happens again. Two
diffent cable tech say it is the tv. The other tv in the house does
not have this problem. I finally switched our second tv with the one
that has the problem and the static has not happened since.

The tv with the problem is a 31" Toshiba. When playing dvd's (using
either the svid or composite video input) the image is perfect the
static never intrudes.

I had a similar problem and thought it was the TV. Found out it was at the
cable junction box. According to the cable tech, it will not happen on all
TV as some require a stronger signal that others. I can't say it is your
problem, but check the connections outside if the cable guy did not.