Art

Default Samsung DLP tv HLM617W color wheel

Normally, if you hear the Colour Wheel screaming, sounding like a small buzz
saw at times, then it is time to replace it. Rarely the DMD assembly will
cause problems if signals to the Colour Wheel become distorted. Excessive
dirt within the sets, dust buildup around the fans and ingressing into the
housing of the colour wheel also will contribute to the problems. Normally
you will hear the Colour Wheel spin up when the set is powered up, then most
of the mechanical noises are produced by the cooling fans.
"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
" writes:

I don't mean the scan, but the sync pulses from the control sending the
different color information to the dlp.

I was thinking the scan as it relates to scanning between red, green,
and blue.

FYI color wheel motors do commonly have problems, but I have seen
control problems exhibit similar issues.

The color wheel and DLP/DMD chip are slaves to the incoming sync. So,
yes,
could be the motor but could also be a video/sync issue. It's not likely
the DMD chip itself.

If you can locate the sync pulses driving the color wheel servo, start
there. If the motor isn't expensive, then, sure, try a replacement or
swap one in from another unit.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above
is