inti2

Default 19" KDS monitor model:XF-9P,chassis:C812

ha scritto:

19" KDS computer monitor (flat
screen),model:XF-9P,chassis:C812,year:Feb 2002,LG Electronics
(Goldstar) CRT,UL Listed:7K04 (Sampo).Problem no power I found
Q706=2SC5584=NTE2533=SMPS x-fmr transistor is shorted due to cracked
solder connections at the base signal drive components:

R723
D705
R734
D706
R720
R721
T701=horizontal driver x-fmr

I replaced Q706 the monitor powered up with hv for a second then a
chirping with an increasing rate from the power supply so I now
D706=BY459F (diode connected to collector and emitter of Q706) is
shorted but the new Q706 is fine.
I would like any common repair tips for this chassis before I replace
D706 and I would like a possible NTE substitute as NTE does not list
one and this diode comes in a rectangular case that is screwed on same
chassis heatsink as the SMPS x-fmr transistor (Q802=2SC5339).

You want a xref for that diode ? You may try a BY399 or BY499.

I.

--
I.