Mark D. Zacharias

Default Sony receiver no longer remembers last audio source

"Mike Foss" wrote in message
k.net...
I have a minor but irritating problem with a Sony STR-AV270
receiver. When powered on, it no longer remembers the last
audio source when it was last turned off, but instead always
defaults to the FM tuner. It never used to do this until recently.
What's irritating is that I don't use the receiver for FM audio,
and no antenna is attached to the unit. So I often wind up
getting loud static in my headphones before I realize I need to
manually switch sources.

If the fix is easy I'd like to handle it myself. It's an old model
and isn't under warranty anymore.

Thanks for any info.

Maybe a backup capacitor - other than that I got nothing. No service
bulletins on this.

Mark Z.