M.J.

Default Talon chuck

George Try to focus here please. This thread started with your outrageous
claim that woodworm screws were to be used on "small" items. More than one
person has responded attempting to show you that your claim was flat out
wrong.

Both Leo and I have used a woodworm screw for several years and they have
not evaporated in a pile of rust!!! I have no doubt that on the molecular
level there is very likely some deterioration of my woodworm screw.
However, I am sure that when it gets to the size of a darning needle I can
quite easily go and buy another.

So YOU have a nice day.......

--

Regards,
M.J. (Mike) Orr

"George" George@least wrote in message
Use your tailstock. You'd be a fool not to. Of course only a contentious
fool would imply that steel does not corrode, and that a 3/8 screw is
stronger than a 1" pin.

So have a nice day.

"Leo Van Der Loo" wrote in message
Hi George

Maybe you should have a look at my photo album, it will show that a
woodwurm screw can be used, fast, safely, even without a tailstock, and
no, my woodwurm screw that I have used for several years does not show
any rust, maybe your pin chuck does rust, not my woodwurm I can assure
you.
Also one does not need 2 or more inches of depth to use a woodwurm, 3/4"
will do just fine, no lost rusty nails either, or do you use stainless
steel pins for them ??

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum27.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

George wrote:

Wives just don't understand sometimes. Bought mine a Stihl 032 chainsaw
for mothers' day back 25 years ago, and then the ungrateful creature
went and got me curtains for fathers' day....

Woodworm screw is one way of starting smaller stuff. No substitute in
my mind for the security of a pin chuck. Or the convenience of pin jaws.
Also has a tendency to rust up badly unless it's stainless, causing some
problems in removal.