George

Default chair qustion

"Eric & Crystal" wrote in message
news:wo12f.424$bt2.357@okepread05...
So i am starting on making some chairs, the normal st down to dinner type
chairs. Now the plan calls for using dowels to attache the sides and the
front and back boards. Now i am sure this is all very strong and nice and
old school. So my question is can i use pocket holes instead of dowels.
I am thinking they will be stron enough to hold what ever weight is put on
them in shear. And i don;t think they will pull out very easily. What is
your thinking on the matter.

I think they might be less suitable than the tenons. People lean and tilt
in chairs, and where wood springs, screws my take a permanent bend, making
things progressively looser.