borgmaster

Default condensation on new double glazed windows...

Bob Martin wrote:
in 455511 20051008 172958 (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:
In article ,
"borgmaster" writes:
Buy a dehumidifier, problem sorted without opening windows and
letting cold air in.

But you haven't said how to repair the resulting dished
floorboards, plaster which has come away from shrunk laths,
etc. Far better to ventilate the house properly.

I've run a dehumidifier for the last 15 winters with no ill-effects.
We had awful condensation problems before that, but none now.

You must have bought a dehumidifier the same time as me Bob. I to have
had over 15 years of condensation free winters with no ill effect to the
fabric or structure of my property. Added benefit is that the water
produced can be used in steam irons without the iron scaling up. I
wonder if anyone who suggests that dehumidifiers can cause the problems
they say have empirical evidence to proof their comments.