jim_in_sussex

Default Earthing Conductor size (massive??) & new Consumer Unit

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message ...
In article ,
jim_in_sussex wrote:
BTW I enquired about 25mm^2 earth cable at a TLC branch only to be
greeted with astonishment, so if a heavy guage earth cable turns out
to be needed, where can you buy it?

Dunno why they should be astonished - it's in their cat, CA25S at 1.20 per
metre.

I was astonished that the sales clerk was astonished as I was reading
from the catalogue! He knows a lot about elec wiring & said he hadn't
sold any 25mmsq in yonks, but could proably get it in.

Poking about it rather appears that TLC is more of a buying
organisation or cooperative & individual outlets are fully or
semi-independant. Also TLC deals mainly with domestic sized gear, so
to be fair it is quite understandable.

If it was uncommon, they wouldn't offer cut lengths.

Yes cut is in the catalogue, but the mail order operation seems to be
run from the centre, not from the shops.