Dave Fawthrop

Default condensation on new double glazed windows...

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 21:52:48 +0100, chris French
wrote:

| In message , Dave Fawthrop
| writes
| On 08 Oct 2005 16:29:58 GMT, (Andrew Gabriel)
| wrote:
|
| | In article ,
| | "borgmaster" writes:
| | Buy a dehumidifier, problem sorted without opening windows and letting
| | cold air in.
| |
| | But you haven't said how to repair the resulting dished
| | floorboards, plaster which has come away from shrunk laths,
| | etc. Far better to ventilate the house properly.
|
| But ventilation costs money to heat up the cold incoming air.
| Best to reduce ventilation as far as practicable.
|
| Well yes and no. Houses need ventilation, it's more a question of
| getting the right amount of ventilation in the right places.

Yep 2 square inches in the kitchen and bathroom, plus a catflap in the
hall, plus a tiny amount between the old sill and new sill of out double
glassed windows (which I deliberately leave there) plus 9sq inches for the
old central heating boiler (soon to go) works fine for us. But we do not
smoke.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.