George E. Cawthon

Default Gas mileage

House Mouse wrote:
On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 14:14:38 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"
wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

Mark wrote:

we should all push to have the traffic signals synchronized so we could
get better milage in the city.

save time
save brakes
save gas
reduce accidents...

It should be a law that lights within 2000 feet of each other MUST be
synchronized.

In which direction?

the direction i happen to be going in at the time.

Just remember kids that lights that are synchronized for 35MPH are
also synchronized for 70MPH.

I wonder if that's really true. Sounds logical.

HM

Of course it isn't true. It depends on how many
sequences of off and on occur when going 35 and
this depends on distance between lights. If
light A turns green while Light B is red, and
Light B turns green just before the car get there,
typical of intown lights at every block, then the
person going 70 mp has to stop at light B until a
guy going 35 catches up. If light B turns green
and then red twice in the time it takes a 35 mph
car to get there, then it is sequenced for 70 mph
also. Obviously, only even numbers of changes
will sequence for 70 mph.