Ken Weitzel

Default old tv remote control problem

frenchy wrote:

I get infinite resistance from the J1001 (mike + terminal) to ground.
I've got two different multimeters and they read about 10 volts
different, one is a Tripplet 9020. The schems say " * voltages
measured with 1 meg in series with meter" but it's got the asterisk on
that note, and none of the voltages have an asterick so figured it
didn't apply. But if it does apply, when I put a 1 meg in series with
the meter, I just get the same old reduction in the meter readings,
i.e. 175 reads as 88 etc. I've checked all the resistors in the bottom
portion of the 175 volts and they check out ok.

Hi Frenchy...

Are you sure you're using 1 meg?

Ken