Edwin Pawlowski

Default Transition from tile to 9/16" inch wood floor

"LRod" wrote in message

Your best bet (and one I'm going to have to employ myself, albeit for
different reasons) might be to either mill a transition strip from raw
lumber, or buy one of the unfinished ones from the borg and modify it.

Basically, you're looking at a dado on either side of a central rib,
with one dado being higher than the other, then a sloping top. One
slope will be to nearly a point (rests on the wood flooring) and the
other side will have a bit of a slope (perhaps equal to the other
side), then a vertical drop.

Taking your scenario a step further, you can also buy matching (and
expensive) trim to the floor and modify that also. I had to do that in a
couple of places in my house when I put the flooring down.
________
/________ \ can become

|_________\ I just glued it in place instead of having a center
vertical strip.