Amy L.

Default Transition from tile to 9/16" inch wood floor

I am hoping someone can help me out with some idea's on how to ease the
transition from my 9/16th engineered wood flooring ( total height is around
11/16" due to foam underlayment and 6 mil poly vinyl) to tile which is
about 3/8" thick. I purchased some T-Molding (same type of wood as the
flooring), but because of the size difference between the two surfaces the
t-molding rocks between the two surfaces and no matter how you position it -
it looks just plain terrible because it does not fit due to the height
offsets.

The floor is being installed as floating so having the proper expansion gap
between the two surfaces is also important. I would love to use the
t-modling as it was fairly expensive and can't be returned since it was
special order. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated on how to solve this
problem.

Worst case scenario I may have to scap the t-modling and buy one of those
metal transistion peices as that would work in this case.

Amy