Bill Schwab

Default Care and feeding of new mill-drill

From what I see there are far too few highly skilled people out there and
there is a lack of formal training programs to teach those skills.

This is the dark side of advancing technology; more accurately, it's a
consequence of a lack of respect for history. One thing that really
scares me is the speed with which drafting machines/tables disappeared
from our educational system( at least it seems that way). CAD software
is great, but I think it should follow some descriptive geometry on
paper. Making printable lines was silly when was told I would be forced
to do it (we never actually bothered), but the drafting experience was
very useful.

Bill