Default property line dispute

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 21:28:46 GMT, someone wrote:

No, I don't think any government officials settle boundary disputes; but
around here they do know where the property pins are and they've even cast
property line markers in the concrete curbs along the streets to make lot
lines easier to find.

Around here, I doubt very much that any government officials have any
idea where any pins are. The piece behind me was just surveyed, and
the lot line moved about 600 feet from where the tax map had it.
Seems they credited my neighbor with all of the North half of two
Colonial Lots whereas actually he all of one, and only 6 rods of he
next, the rest should have always been someone else but the mistake
has been on the Assessor's records for years (and no, the mistake did
NOT confer ownership, paying taxes to the government didn't take away
the rights of the true owner).

We don't have curbs here. Does the 'City' actually put yours in, or
is it their contractor, or is it the developer if its in a recent
subdivision? (Or, more specifically, who puts in those markers?)

Perhaps you live in a recently developed area where the City has only
recently been involved with approving and inspecting new developments,
and they have required that the new lots be clearly marked. It is not
like that where I live, and I don't know if it is or isn't where OP
lives.