maxinemovies

Default install roll-in shower for wheelchair?

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:56:03 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

clipped
2. How hard will it be to install this?

Not hard at all since it's in pieces. The bigger issue might be moving the
plumbing to accomodate the new faucet location. Code may or may not
require a plumber but I would use one. Water problems can be pretty
expensive.

The house is scheduled to be delivered within the week. We'll have
approx 8 weeks of finish work on it, so I can have this messy job done
and cleaned up before we move in. Any advice, suggestions, information
would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the new digs.

Thanks!

Maxi

Email addy upon request.

Wonder what would happen if you contacted the manufacturer or vendor?
I would, for sure, use licensed contractors because of code and warranty
issues. If they are generous companies, they could offer to make the
alterations before they deliver it. Stranger things have happened )

I asked. They declined. If I push it, they'll put in their own roll-in
shower, and charge me for it. I ordered a 60" shower, without seeing
it first, and got the one that's there now. I don't think I want to
order a roll-in (that, to my knowledge, they've only installed in one
other house so far) and take the chance of getting something else I
might not be able to use. I figure I'll have better luck getting
something I've seen already. I've also talked to the owner of the
company that makes that 5 piece, and he's been exceptionally
accomodating, including offering me a discount on any accessories I
buy from him if I buy the shower from him.

I'll look into the code issues this week. Thanks.

Maxi

Email addy upon request.