frenchy

Default old tv remote control problem

Ok I measured resistance between the 175v point and the socket +. I
got about 2 megohms. So I don't see how that can be leaking?
I then snipped the wire that goes from R1002 to R1001, so then I just
had the 175v, the 1 meg soldered right onto the cap c1029 so no leakage
point there, and other end of R1002 on a bare lug. I still measure 88
volts coming off that, and 60v if I add another 1 meg to it. I still
don't understand how I'm supposed to be ending up with only 10 volts
less than 175 (165), when I am measuring 88 with purely the 175v and 1
meg resistor on it? Could I have leakage of the 180 itself somewhere
else? (but in that case why would I still have 180 to begin with?)