Ian Stirling

Default 2 Electrics query

Christian McArdle wrote:
I beg to differ - I`ve only had one go in about 5 years of using them
throughout but it went with much evil smelliness, taking the entire

circuit
(fused) down with it.

Fair enough! I've only had one or two go in five years and they've just
stopped working.

I had one that didn't blow that, due to some poor sealant on a shower screen
on the floor above, had most of the shower water going *through* it. By that
I mean inside the glass envelope. It didn't even get dimmer!

The non-electronic ballast ones are pretty much robust for small amounts
of water.
They have large distances between the live and neutral, and all
is pretty much sealed.
Electronic ballast ones OTOH are not quite as robust, as typically any
water will cause leaks between circuitry which makes it explode.