David Busby

Default Drill chuck removal

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately there is no center screw, and I
can't turn in on the shaft even using extreme violence. I'm afraid of doing
permanent damage to the bearing housing/pulley assembly. I was thinking of
heating the chuck up with a gas torch to see if it frees up. All I want to
do is replace the chuck with one of a larger capacity...

Dave

"lllilly" wrote in message
ink.net...
Open the chuck and look inside it may have a screw in the center that can
be removed. If no screw then the chuck is threaded and screws onto to
shaft. It should be a left handed thread so it won't screw off in use.

Hope this helps

Lynn