Gunner

Default Le Blonde Lathe 1940 ish

On 8 Oct 2005 10:23:08 -0700, "Rich" wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have a lathe, which used to belong to my grand farther it's about
the size of a Colchester student. It's got a domestic powered motor
fitted to it, however I think originally the lathe was powered by a 3 -
phase motor. It's not in bad condition for its year comes with a
3-jaw chuck and I think may be a steady/ faceplate. It's got slight
damage the lead screw support at the tail stock end but it's an easy
job to make a new one. Any ideas what it could be worth in its current
state or fully buffed up and restored and how I could sell it?

I have used it myself a few times it's a good machine even by
today's standards lots of work left in it I would say, after the
small repair job.

I think it would be nice to restore.

Rich.

It depends on the model and condition of course..but LaBlonds tend to
start at $1800 and go upwards, on the used market. YMMV of course.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry