Lobster

Default Daft ?? about tiles in the bog

JimP wrote:
I just started renovating the bog and find that the BATH/SHOWER tiles
are hung on what appears to be vinyl wallpaper. They all seem to be
reasonably secure and the grout is still good. I am , of course, going
to change them to a more modern design and I like the idea of no wall
damage when I remove the old ones. Now the question---Is hanging
bath/shower tiles on wallpaper a good idea or is this just a "fluke"
from the past that has somehow survived for 15 or so years. Any
comments gratefully recieved. Cheers--Jim

Fluke.

Think about it - in effect that your shower tiles are being held up by
waterproof tile cement and grout, but by wallpaper paste.

David