Jethro

Default 2 Electrics query

Should be OK, provided you don't run all the laundry at the same time and
don't use electric heating of any kind. It is a bit marginal, though. With
an electric shower, a 100A cutout would be nicer.

No, we don't ... I am just concious not to have the oven, kettle and shower
running at the same time.

2) Every time an incandescant bulb blows, the MCB trips
a) is this normal ? If yes :

Yes. As an alternative to the other suggestions, you could fit energy

saving
compact fluorescent bulbs. These last ten times as long and don't trip the
MCB when (should that be if?) they blow. They also use about a fifth of

the
energy and don't lead to needless pollution of the atmosphere with carbon
dioxide causing global warming.

We have energy-savers where we can ... but what prompted the query was a
100W bulb which is switched from one of these security-timer type panels
that replaces the main switch. It will only work with incandescant bulbs ...
I had visions of the bulb blowing the lighting MCB while we're on holiday