The reason why they have told you to use a hose is so that you that you
are cleaning out the sedimented water. I am convinced the drilling has
disturbed your settled water and this is the cause. I have seen it so
many times the vibration upsets the stability of any coating on the
well and the settled sediment in the water. Once the water has
resettled and stabilised it should be ok.

TDS - Total Dissolved Solids: They are not usually harmful but may
explain any taste complaints. It is basically sediment.

Hope this helped.

Kelly