Fletis Humplebacker

"Duane Bozarth"
Fletis Humplebacker wrote:

"Duane Bozarth"

But how did that intelligent agent implement the design is the
problem...

We don't know how things would have happened naturally and
if we can't understand how it could have happened supernaturally
we have a problem? A bias is like a backpack, you can't see your own.

There are pretty good theories of how some things happened naturally and
continuing development of areas for which it isn't certain---that's what
science is about.

Science is clueless about origins and guesswork does abound. Why are
wild theories more impressive to you than a creator?

That you bring in some supernatural agent is simply saying it's
unknowable and there is no point in studying it further

You've said that a number of times now and I've responded that
your assertion isn't true, I've quoted leading scientists, linking to more,
that did and do study more than you will ever know. At this point you are
deliberately misrepresenting any opposing belief.

as you simply
say the external agent did it. There had to have been a mechanism by
which it was done imo is the only bias I have.

No one has argued about there not being a mechanism.

My whole difficulty in this discussion is that bringing in the
supernatural simply removes the subject from the realm of science
entirely.

Science isn't a set of dogma, it consists of fields of study. "Science"
doesn't include or exclude the supernatural.

As I've noted before, if it turns out we can't ever figure it
out,

When would that be? Just before the last human dies?

then that's the same conclusion it seems to me the ID'ers have
already reached except they gave up the search by accepting the
supernatural, unknowable alternative.

Please name one scientist that gave up on research because
of ID. Maybe this will help you get started, it's a pdf page
that takes about 15 seconds with a dialup ...

http://www.discovery.org/scripts/vie...ownload&id=443