Eric R Snow

On 7 Oct 2005 12:45:22 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Koz says...

Especially important to keep a stock of the fabric fingertip bandages.
It always seems the chunk that's missing is at a place which a regular
band-aid doesn't stick well.

The knuckle ones are handy as well. Useable in a pinch as fingertip,
when you run out of the fingertip ones in the box.

I finally got tired of trying to hunt down bandaids when I dinged
myself in the shop, so now there's a shelf by the sink with
antibacterial ointment, the best selection of bandaids in the house,
my shop toothbrush, and various other odds'n-ends. All by a
bright light and a mirror, soap, and water.

Jim

Another thing that works quite well is the latex impregnated gauze
tape that you wrap around your fingers to improve grip and avoid
abrasion. The stuff sticks to itself well but not too well to skin.
Enough to stay put but it comes off easily at the end of the day. I
use it instead of bandaids on my fingers during the work day and put
on real bandaids after work
ERS