Noon-Air

"newsy" wrote in message
oups.com...
We just had a Carrier central AC installed (just AC with indoor air
handler) and have a lingering odor present in the two rooms with
exposed ductwork. The odor started during install, before turn-on, and
smells rubbery or "fish" like. It's been almost 2 weeks and running the
AC does not help. The curious thing is that there is no odor in the
duct outlets, or other rooms, which are air-conditioned. Could duct
lining in the return, or duct sealant be causing this problem?

I am pursuing this issue with the HVAC company (a well respected one)
but would appreciate any expert opinions.

Gotta wonder if an installer left the remnants of his lunch in the duct.....
Hey...its been known to happen