Andy Dingley

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 20:07:24 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

My big hammer drill got stolen, and I mow find that:
1. Drills no longer have chuck keys, and must be tightened by hand :-(

OTOH, they will now go tighter by hand than the old pattern did with a
key (the "single handed" design is better)

2: someone has introduced SDS Masonry drills which looks like a good idea.

Yes, it was a uk.d-i--y sneak attack to steal your hammer drill and show
you what you've been missing. You _won't_ regret it !

Lidl have a hammer drill on sale Monday 10 Oct.
http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pa....Hammer_Drill_

The Chuck looks like nothing I have seen before, so is it SDS?

It says 0-13mm, so I doubt it.

They are also selling SDS drills
http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pa...et_11_Pi eces

I bought a set last year. Lousy drills, but good chisels and you can't
complain about the price.