John Rumm

Dave Fawthrop wrote:

My big hammer drill got stolen, and I mow find that:
1. Drills no longer have chuck keys, and must be tightened by hand :-(
2: someone has introduced SDS Masonry drills which looks like a good idea.

Lidl have a hammer drill on sale Monday 10 Oct.
http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pa....Hammer_Drill_

The Chuck looks like nothing I have seen before, so is it SDS?

No, it looks like a conventional keyless. Rohm make nice chucks as it
happens. The clues that it is not SDS, are the 51,000 blows per min
hammer action - SDS would be far fewer, and the high rotation speed -
most SDS drills run at 1200rpm or less. The blurb describing it as
suitable for chiseling also seems likely to be wrong.

They are also selling SDS drills
http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pa...et_11_Pi eces

BTW I have been crawling under the floorboards with a very old energy
saving light which worked extremely well, so I will get one of these
http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pa...ving_Work_Lamp
I hate incandescent inspection lamps which last no time at all.

The "2D" design ones (square flat layout with "wiggly" bulb on one side)
are nice because you can point it away from you and not have to stare
into / past the bulb.

--
Cheers,

John.