Sam Goldwasser

Andy Dingley writes:

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 20:07:54 +0100, "Jonathan"
wrote:

Meantime, is there some way I can "damp" that circuit, so it's a little less
sensitive?

You could replace the RCD - some do get a little "twitchy" with age.

Best approach though is to split-load the consumer unit. Some circuits
(sockets, shower) are RCD'ed, others (lighting, freezer, cooker,
immersion, welders, multi-hp machine tools, pottery kiln) aren't.

If only this one device is causing problem, you should replace it or
have it professionally repaired. Otherwise, you're putting a bandage
on a cancer.