Lurch

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 20:07:54 +0100, "Jonathan"
scrawled:

Electric cooker, sealed element (ceramic hob, not the ring element) only 7
years old. Recently, if there is the slightest bit of moisture it trips the
RCB and the whole house goes out.

That would be RCD then.

The wiring is a little scorched, but still looks sound, but sometimes it
also happens as the ring is turned OFF, which is odd. Can't find any shorts
or

Doesn't have to be shorted, although I don't like the sound of "a
little scorched". How do you know it's sound, what did you test it
with.

The cooker fuse is MK LN5930 - I think this is the closest spec sheet.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technica...entry/RCDs.pdf

Fuse, or MCB, or RCD, or both, or all three?

I can't find any mini rcb to replace the fuse, so the cooker doesn't black
the whole house out.

Probably because RCB is a made up TLA.

Meantime, is there some way I can "damp" that circuit, so it's a little less
sensitive?

Possibly, but I think you'be better calling someone in who understands
electrics a little more clearly.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group