Michael Kennedy

Is this some sort of GFCI breaker? Sounds like the cooker is finding another
path to ground. There is not any way to damp this you should either find the
fault or you could replace the GFCI breaker with a norman one. Probably not
a good idea since you say wires are scorched though. GFCI breakers monitor
the current going out on the hot wire and current returning on the neutral.
They are designed to shut off when the current supplied is not returning on
the neutral and is returning to ground somewhere else.

Exactly what kind of cooker is this?

I can't find any mini rcb to replace the fuse, so the cooker doesn't black
the whole house out.

What is a mini rbc?

- Mike

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Electric cooker, sealed element (ceramic hob, not the ring element) only 7
years old. Recently, if there is the slightest bit of moisture it trips
the RCB and the whole house goes out.

The wiring is a little scorched, but still looks sound, but sometimes it
also happens as the ring is turned OFF, which is odd. Can't find any
shorts or

The cooker fuse is MK LN5930 - I think this is the closest spec sheet.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technica...entry/RCDs.pdf

I can't find any mini rcb to replace the fuse, so the cooker doesn't black
the whole house out.

Meantime, is there some way I can "damp" that circuit, so it's a little
less sensitive?