Marc

Jim wrote:
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 19:06:06 GMT, Charles Krug wrote:

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 11:51:15 -0700, Jim
wrote:

My SO desires a couple 'perfect' oval tabletops she can mosaic
One about 2 feet wide the other about 20 inches.
Is there a desired width to depth shape that is more eye appealing than others.
I'm not really sure how to draw a perfect oval?
Or any oval for that matter.
Is there an easy way to do this. Knowing my SO this won't stop at two.
Thanks.

Oval or elliptical?

An oval has a radius and an overall length, the difference between twice
the radius and the length being the length of the straight portion.
NASCAR's website should have links to quite a number of ovals.

An ellipse is drawn the usual way, with a string and two points.

What I'd do is get a couple slices of poster board and draw an oval and
an ellipse "about 2 feet" wide and let her tell you which she prefers.

Thanks guys, I think I have the picture. Perfect is in the eye of the beholder.

ONLY after you get her approval (signed in her own blood. I wish I were
kidding) do you use the posterboard as a template for your tabletop.

Trust me, it will be signed in my blood so she can absolve herself of all
responsibility. Unless everyone loves it, at which time she will take all the
credit.
The things we men have to put up with to get sex once a month.

You never learned the 3 F rule ?