Renata

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:35:49 -0700, "Fletis Humplebacker" ! wrote:

"Renata"
Speaking of the educational system (and without reading the ENTIRE
thread)...

There's nothing like a fool stepping forward to introduce himself.

Gee, we gotta start immediately with insults, thereby hinting at the
weakness of your arguement.

My theory is that ole Fred went to schools that had a pretty good
foundation in science, whereas ole Fletis probably didn't.

My theory is that you didn't go to school, period.

Your arguement continues to strengthen.

Honey, I'm not really trying to judge you, especially since I don't
know either of you at'all.. I read quite a few of the back& forth
between you and Fred which is why I singled y'all out. Fred presents
logic, fact, science kinda stuff. You continually retort with
religion and your replies often indicated a disconect between what
Fred said and how you interpreted it.

The 2 of you pressent a case, IMHO, for a set of (more?) ridgid
standards about the basics that should be taught in all schools across
the entire country. Get those basics down and the school can add
whatever the heck else it wants - whether it's religion or philosophy,
or home-ec, etc..

You want your kids to learn about God in school, send them to a
private religious institution. Really.

If we let parents decide where to spend their money that would
certainly happen more frequently but you missed the point, apparently
since you didn't feel it was necessary to read what you were responding to.

Yes, I'm sure lotsa parent would love to send their kids to be
indoctrinated in their fundamentalism and forget about math, reading
and especially that wicked science they teach in them thar evil public
schools.

No one's stopping you from sending your kids to your very own private
school.

Your tax dollars go toward educating the youg 'uns in the populace,
not just your kids.

Part of my basis for these statements is my background - went to
Catholic school for 12 years (horrors! ;-) We learned science kinda
stuff in the vaious science classes (you know, chemistry, physics,
biology, etc.). Then, the idea of an intelligent designer as a
possible explanation for the wonders and origins of the universe was
given in RELIGION class. 'Cause, you can't TEST the idea of ID using
the scientific method (a kinda fundamental requirement of SCIENCE).

Well, I'm glad they mentioned the possibility of an intelligent designer
somewhere in your Catholic school and maybe they did refuse to
answer any question regarding origins in science class but that isn't
universally true in public education.

See my comment above about basic standards.

Have yourself a lovely weekend, one and all!
Renata

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:18:24 -0700, "Fletis Humplebacker" ! wrote:

No, that isn't the issue. My argument has been on the biased
educational system, not whether we should be allowed to have
personal beliefs or demanding that God is declared real by the
scientific community.