Hedley

http://education.yahoo.com/reference...ary/entry/oval

I think your are looking for an elipse, which is symmetrical on two axis.
Oval just means egg shaped, and is only required to be symmetrical on one
axis.

I like the other response. Let HER decide what an oval is, get it in
writing, and let us know how it comes out.

"Charles Krug" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 11:51:15 -0700, Jim
wrote:

My SO desires a couple 'perfect' oval tabletops she can mosaic
One about 2 feet wide the other about 20 inches.
Is there a desired width to depth shape that is more eye appealing than
others.
I'm not really sure how to draw a perfect oval?
Or any oval for that matter.
Is there an easy way to do this. Knowing my SO this won't stop at two.
Thanks.

Oval or elliptical?

An oval has a radius and an overall length, the difference between twice
the radius and the length being the length of the straight portion.
NASCAR's website should have links to quite a number of ovals.

An ellipse is drawn the usual way, with a string and two points.

What I'd do is get a couple slices of poster board and draw an oval and
an ellipse "about 2 feet" wide and let her tell you which she prefers.

ONLY after you get her approval (signed in her own blood. I wish I were
kidding) do you use the posterboard as a template for your tabletop.