Neon John

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:08:09 -0400, "Amun"
wrote:

Hi,
Wondering how old the truck is and ever do regular maintenance on it?
Tony

I was thinking along those same lines while reading the OP.
Amazing that anyone should still be driving a vehicle without doing regular
maintenance and would not have repaired a worn tie rod long before it fell
off.

Always the sideline quarterbacks who say stuff like this. FYI, a
beater or farm truck is just that - an old truck that one has nothing
invested in that he beats around the woods in, hauling rocks, hay,
feed, firewood and the like. Maintenance consists of fixing stuff when
it breaks, and then only enough to keep it running.

Only a fool would spend the money to say, rebuild the front end, when
the whole truck might be worth $100 and could be replaced for another
$100. Fix what breaks and use the thing til too many things break too
often, then drop it off at the wrecking yard and find another one.

John
---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com