Neon John

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:48:51 -0700, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per MrC1:
Thank you for not coming up with the idea that one of you would hold it in
place while the other drove slowly. Funny, but a few with lower IQs than
you have been hurt/killed doing similar things!

When I was *very* young, the fuel pump on my beater went.

I recall laying on the left front fender, feet on the bumper, sort of bracing
myself with my left hand, with the hood up, dribbling gasoline into the
carburetor while my bud drove us through the back streets of Waikiki with his
head sticking out of the drivers side window like the engineer on a train.

Something similar. I had the throttle cable break on my 280Z. After
tossing an old moving pad across the engine, I had my bud straddle the
engine (rear opening hood) and operate the throttle while I drove.

That actually worked well. He could watch traffic and know when to
change speeds, usually. We had to verbally coordinate shifting but
that wasn't hard. If I'd gotten scared, I was prepared to stab the
clutch and the ignition switch until we got our signals coordinated
again.

John
---
John De Armond