Greg O

"Christian Fox" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
We can't *see* it from here, your best bet is to call your local,
*competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician to
assess your needs and properly install a correctly sized furnace for your
maximum comfort and minimum utility bills.

Read my original post. I'm not getting a new furnace right away. I'm
finishing my
basement right away. I don't want to cover up the ducts, only to find out
that they need
to get changed after the basement ceiling has been drywalled.

So, I'll simplify the question: Can a high-efficiency natural gas furnace
use the same
ductwork as a 15-year old, standard-efficiency furnace?

Yes, if your existing duct work is adequate, but it may not be. I would not
bet on it, you may have crap for duct right now!
Does that clear it up??
Whether you do it now or ten years from now the answer is the same. We can
not see it from here. Get a local to look it over now, before you remodel!
Greg