Mark Carver

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 19:00:12 +0100, kjhi98 wrote:

I've tried a new 30 amp fuse ...

When you say "trip the electrical circuit in my house" what do you
mean? An RCD trips (thing with a test button on it) or the fuse blows
(30A probably with quite a bang...)

What are the odds on the actual immersion heater elements inside the
hot water cylinder being knackered & tripping the circuit?

Very high.

In a hard water area almost certainly, the limescale build up on the element
eventually causes local hotspots and the device will rupture. My parents'
element would go (normally short to earth) every two to three years, since
getting a water softener it's been in use for almost 10 years (saying that will
make it fail now !)

--
Mark