Fred

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:25:55 UTC, "Fred" wrote:

From a current perspective, what's the difference. Suppose we have two
sockets close to one end, say nominally 1/10 into the ring. 9/10 of the
MCB
breaking current will pass through the shortest path.

Oooh, I dunno....when it gets overloaded enough, its resistance will
increase and it'll even out... :-)

The temperature coefficient of the resistance of copper is 0.4%/deg C.
Therefore for a 30 degree increase the resistance will go up by 12%. So
instead of 90% of current flowing through the short leg in the example I
gave, it would be just under 89%.